Thursday, March 29, 2007

A sort of sister blog....

And now a word from my sister, living in the great Midwestern plains of Canada, in Saskatoon:

"Here's my house after the big blizzard. That white building in the background is actually a treehouse when the ground is at the normal level."


...Perhaps I should add that my house usually has two stories showing rather than one. Next picture is after I hired the guy with a front end loader to dig me out.

...Needless to say, two days after the guy with the front end loader dug me out ($150), another storm (termed a "sub-blizzard) hit, followed by -40 degree temperatures. Couldn't get car near garage, so that;s why the 150 foot extension cable.



(In case people don't know what the long extension cord is for, that is to plug in her car, so the oil will run and the car will start in the -40 degree temperatures!) Also look and see that in the picture before, you can see all of the garage door - compared with only half in the pic directly above!- Chuck

No comments: