Thursday, August 10, 2006

OK, this is kinda funny.  For my personal email, I use Google "gmail".  Gmail is very cool, and I highly recommend it.  Unlike many free email services, it does not flash random ads in all sorts of colors at you.  But they still need to make money, so instead they took an innovative approach - they take the text of the email you are reading, and use it (with some special artificial intelligence, or so they claim) to select several links (no pictures, just clickable links) for ads which are relevant to the email you just received.


Well, sometimes this works well, and sometimes it is rather amusing.  Take a note I received this morning:



Chuck,

You may be aware of this, but the formatting on the forum is all messed

up and I can't read your latest post.

Steve



And what ad did gmail think was "relevant"  for this?


 Put an End to Bedwetting    !


 

No comments: