Sunday, April 11, 2004

Good day, active day, tired.. Skating was wonderful and reasonably productive practice wise.  Other than myself there were 4 other people there-- a woman and her young son (first time on the ice), and two college students (a woman I had seen before and her presumed boyfriend).  She is just so "no fair" - she started skating this last September, and already is better than I am by quite a bit.  She apparently did come fully trained in ballet, but geez!  Either way, it was great because there was lots of sunlight coming in the window, the rink was warm, and the music was not too loud.  So I worked on backward crossovers (my nemesis), back power pulls and just having fun with edges.  I initially expected to stay only an hour, but had such a mellow time I stayed an extra half hour.

Then I walked the dog's paws off.  We went to Mendon park (quite hilly) - I initially intended to only walk for 45 mintues or so, but 2 hours later I returned, tired but happy.  Really pretty out, nice sun, and a golden-crowned kinglet to add a bit of magic to the day.  Plus - I can eat whatever I want for the rest of the day!  Celebrated by having a small Abbots ice cream cone, then went to dinner.

Now home, hot tubbed and somewhat rested, and trying to figure out the rest of the day.  I certainly need to practice euphonium and should do oboe also, although I still have enough of a head cold that I am not looking forward to the latter.  Either way, so ends a long weekend - tomorrow normal life starts up again with a full Monday (work plus wind symphony rehearsal - back a bit before 11 pm...  Makes me tired thinking about it!

No comments: