Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The hot tub is fixed! The hot tub is fixed!

This may not be exciting for anyone else, but for me it is! As many know, I love my Softub hot tub. But over a year ago, it broke - the motor stopped working.

Well, after several lesser fix attempts (involving two filling / empty cycles in the process), I finally replaced the motor / pump assembly. Then put it back together, filled it with water, and.... it slowly leaked :-(

Next I replaced the gaskets - filled it back up, and it still leaked.

Finally I consented to having the hot tub store replace the liner - it apparently had grown old and developed some microcracks. I got it back about 2 weeks ago, filled it, and..... the motor didn't work!

OK, drained it, diagnosed it, and found that it was a problem with the ground-fault breaker. Fixed that, filled it and now it is fine (or at least as best I can tell).

Yesterday I used it 3 times! Happy Chuck! Happy ending!

No comments: