Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Orlando, FL day 2

I know, I'm starting in the middle of something! Well, when you haven't been writing in a blog for a while, sometimes it is better to write rather than think about explaining.

Orlando, Software Defined Forum conference. This year I am just attending, no presenting, so it is a pretty easy trip. Wake up, eat, listen to some papers, eat a morning snack, listen to some papers, eat lunch, listen to some papers, skip listening to some papers and do some "work work" sitting alongside the pool with my laptop, listen to some papers, eat dinner, visit vendors booths, talk too much until I am silly tired, then my evening begins.

Tonight the evening began at 8:30 pm. I started by just resting and recovering (i.e stay away from people, read and daydream). Then, I put on my running cloths (it is around 20 degrees C here at night), and walk out to the main road we are on. I get on a local bus (doesn't really matter where it goes, as long as I watch WHERE it went), ride it for about 15 minutes, get off, and then run home.

Actually, it was a little more controlled than that - in the part of Orlando I was in, there is a really great trolley bus that has numbered stops, and essentially works like a metro. Here is a link: http://www.iridetrolley.com/ I measured off 6 km on my map, figured out which number that was, and then I actually knew how far I was running. It worked great!

No comments: